Hiking Specialists Kalkalpen National Park
Enjoy your hiking holiday par excellence in a region, where nature is treated like an emporer, the hiker like a king and the soft hiking experience the highest principle!
Let the experts show you one of Austria’s most beautiful hiking region. 12 specialised hosts – from family run pensions to three star hotels invite you to the Kalkalpen National Park – take a hike or an easy stroll, choose one of our theme trails or a rock climbing tour. There are attractive packages and weekly guided tours available, as well as rental equipment and a hiking info centre. The breathtaking scenery is an absolute winner when it comes to a fulfilling hiking holiday!
Approved Criteria for Hiking Specialists farms
All operations of the "hiking specialists" must meet certain uniform quality criteria and are regularly inspected.
General basic requirements are:
- Competent contact person for hiking is available
- Map material from the Pyhrn-Priel region and adjacent surroundings
- Hiking books, landscape guides, plant, mushroom and animal guides, cultural guides
- Information about mountain guides, mountain railways, museums, recreational opportunities and public transport
- Information about the national park
- Hiking Taxi Information
- Hut, alpine and restaurant information
- walking pharmacy
- Boot drying room and shoe cleaning and shoe cleaning option
The following rental equipment for hikers is offered by every company of the hiking specialists:
- walking pharmacy
- Hiking or telescopic hiking poles
- hiking Backpacks
- thermos flasks
- Shoe polish and impregnation spray
The following services are offered by the companies of the "hiking specialists" for your guests:
- Help with the organization of hiking tours
- 2 guided national park tours with national park guides per week
- Early breakfast is possible
- Packed lunches
- general alpine and hiking tips
In the sports shops in and around the Kalkalpen National Park you can - if you do not bring your own material - buy a complete hiking or climbing equipment. Individual parts can also be borrowed cheaply.