History of Rosenau at the stallion fun
Since the 16th century, the road had a great importance for the provision of food and iron. Until the year 1622 the area was pure farmland, until scythe smith Wolfgang Moser of the pin Spital am Pyhrn got the permission to build a scythe work on the Dambach. From two "tax communities" was born in 1848 the community Rosenau am Hengstpass. The end of the scythe industry came in 1904, until 1907, the factory site was quiet before it was taken over by the brothers Lederer for a wood products factory. They again took advantage of the forest and the Dambach. Since then, the most important economic basis of the municipality is a wood processing company. The third industry was tourism from the 1960s. The conditions are also favorable for this, as there are two mineral springs and large parts of the community of Rosenau am Hengstpass in the Kalkalpen National Park. Agriculture has changed as everywhere. Until around the Second World War, the farmers were still self-sufficient, they grew flax and cereals and operated dairy and livestock farming, as additional income served the forest. Today, mainly only dairy and livestock farming is practiced, self-marketing approaches are recognizable. A special place takes in Rosenau at the Hengstpass the sport. Because of the snow-sure situation, the Innerrosenau area offered itself for a cross-country and biathlon center. Today, the sports club Rosenau am Hengstpass is the organizer of international championships with biathlon and cross-country events. Together with the community Edlbach an illuminated winter toboggan run has been built, which enjoys great popularity among locals and guests.