The Dietl Chapel is an idyllic forest chapel on the road from Hinterstoder to Dietlgut.
Woman Zäzilia Hackl, owner of Dietl good, had the Chapel built in 1882 in gratitude after their children who are severely ill after a climbing accident, had become healthy again. Since that time, the church is owned by the Fessl family. When the chapel was renovated in 1996, removed to the neo-Gothic altar in the apse and built a small podium now stands the chapel, both for church celebrations, such as baptisms and weddings as well as for cultural events, such as concerts and readings by candlelight available. For the simple interior design was chosen by the artists materials related to the valley and the people living here in the cover. Alois Bauer was the creator of the altar table, he crafted of iron and wood. He referred to the livelihoods of the population in the Pyhrn-Eisenwurzen. Christine Bauer has the stylized cross designed and painted with earth on canvas. It may remember the "Pfoadl", with the same girl was in 1882 dressed as she reached the Dietlgut to get help for her injured brother. The windows of hand-blown stained glass, dip the sanctuary in a warm light, and convey a hopeful security in this place of silence.
By appointment only!
To get to Dietl's Chapel in Hinterstoder, drive through Hinterstoder into the valley to Dietlgut. After the roundabout, just after the farm, the road leads right and after a few hundred meters you will find the Dietl Chapel!
Please get in touch for more information.
+43 7564 5158
+43 7564 5158