- Pyhrn-Priel communities
- All year
- Hotels / Accommodation
- Pyhrn-Priel Card
From Hospital on Phyrn to church - The baroque Cathedral on Phyrn is the parish church "Assumption" Spital am Pyhrn!
Passports and transitions in our mountains have always made history, even the Pyhrnpaß . Since the Bronze Age here an important route developed in the south. The traces of the later Celtic trade route followed by the Romans , whose well-developed road Ovilava combined with Virunum . The Alpine Slavs were the ones who gave their own name to the passport : " Brdo " = hill , mountain hills. In the 11th Century the area came into the possession of the bishopric of Bamberg. At the time of the Crusades were running efforts to secure the now well-frequented pass crossing in winter. The hospice was founded in 1190 by Bishop Otto II of Bamberg was entrusted to a brotherhood . In 1418 reached the then Bishop of Bamberg, Albrecht von Wertheim, by Pope Martin V , the conversion of the hospital into a collegiate secular canons . Setbacks for the collegiate hospital brought in the year 1502 - a fire destroyed nearly all the buildings - and the period after 1540. Only when the peasant rebellion was bloodily suppressed , the pin power and pastoral care were able to develop in an orderly fashion . Under Dean Johann Jacob Gienger the collegiate was elevated by Pope Paul V in 1605 to a provost . In 1807 Emperor Francis I. caused the cancellation of the pen. Great calamities meant for the convent building and the church of the fire of the place in the night of 25 on the 26th Oktober 1841. A complete elimination of the then fire verses guide only happened by the external restoration of 1964-1967 and through the interior restoration of 1977-1980 . Important artists of the Austrian Baroque created with the collegiate church of the hospital a total work of art full of astonishing harmony. Domenico Antonio Carlone adorned the interior of the church with its tranquil colors and superb Stuckpilastern . A highlight of the baroque church painting in Upper Austria are the frescoes of Bartolomeo Altomonte in the presbytery Represents the custom built by Andreas Ferdinand Lindemayr final grid is one of the most beautiful ironwork of Austria. Sense of art and faith have raise up this house of God so wonderfully.
The inside of the church is only open during service times.
Friday, Saturday: 7 p.m.
Sunday: 9 a.m.
Public holiday: 9.30 a.m.
You can find the current church service times at https://www.dioezese-linz.at/spital-am-pyhr
Church tours: For groups of 10 people or more, please call in advance.
649 mAccessibility / arrival
The Collegiate Church "Dom am Pyhrn" Spital am Pyhrn - "Assumption" is situated in the center of Spital am Pyhrn.
Church leadership (adults) € 2.50
Church leadership (children) € 1.50
Please get in touch for more information.
Pfarrhof - 2. Stock, Stiftsplatz 2, 4582 Spital am Pyhrn
Stiftsplatz 1, 4582 Spital am Pyhrn