- Pyhrn-Priel communities
- All year
- Hotels / Accommodation
- Pyhrn-Priel Card
The parish church of St. Pankraz was ordained to the holy Pancras!
The parish church of St. Pankraz has a single nave and sechsjochig with arched ceiling. The apse has a 3/8 final. The high altar is by Josef Holzinger. The altarpiece depicting the beheading of St. Pancras, Martin Altomonte is attributed. The statue represents the left is John the Baptist, to the right is of St. James. The statues come from the workshop of Franz Xaver leithner from Lambach. The side altars are also from him (1754-1755). The Josefialtar with the image of St. Joseph is located on the right side and comes from Bartholomew Altomonte, a son of Martin Altomonte (1763). The statues represent the parents of St. John the Baptist: Right Zacharias, a Jewish priest, left Elizabeth, his wife. The image of the Lady altar on the left is also by Bartolomeo Altomonte. The two statues represent the parents of the Virgin Mary, Joachim and Anna. 1462 the parish church was built. In the years 1987 - 1989 the church with a financial outlay of nearly 290,000 EURO was - renovated inside and out. The population contributed 2,045 hours free of charge. As was already saved diligently over the previous years, as no more debt are available as well. The main part of 60% of the amount renovation took over the Diocese of Central Church of the contribution. On the site of today's parish church in 1325 the stock of a chapel was first mentioned in a document, which was already dedicated to Saint Petersburg "Pancras". The parish church of St.Pankraz was built in 1462 on 22 August this year it was inaugurated by Bishop Sigismund of Salona and suffragan of the Prince Bishop Ulrich of Passau.
Sunday Mass: 10.00 clock
531 mAccessibility / arrival
The parish church of St. Pankraz - ". St. Pankraz" is located in the center of St. Pankraz!
Please get in touch for more information.