Hofalm Spital am Pyhrn
The Hofalm is situated at 1305 metres above sea level above Spital am Pyhrn on the west side of the Großer Pyhrgas (2244hm) and is a refuge of the ÖAV Section Spital am Pyhrn. Its special location is characterised by a unique and breathtaking view of the Sengsengebirge to the north, the Tote Gebirge to the west and a distant view of the entire Garstnertal valley. From the cosy terrace you can enjoy the overwhelming view and let your soul dangle. You will be pampered by the hut hosts Ingrid & Gabriel with high-quality and regional homemade products, so that nothing stands in the way of a wonderful and energy-filling day in the mountains.
The hut is the ideal destination for hikers of all ages, as everything is available from easy hikes, wildly romantic rock gorges (Dr.Vogelgesangklamm) to alpine routes (Großer Pyhrgas). The hut ascents take from 1 to 4 hours and are very varied from child-friendly to alpine (see hut details).
If you spend time and especially a night at the Hofalm, you will be rewarded with an overwhelming sunset in good weather. When the last rays of the sun hit the Sengsengebirge and the Windischgarstner Becken (Windischgarstner Basin) glows in various shades of yellow and red, your heart will leap for joy over a good glass of wine or a cool beer. Cosy dormitories (6-person and 15-person) and a double room are available. Reservations are essential, online booking via the homepage!
Time at the Hofalm is suitable for families, as the hut is easily accessible for children, child-friendly meals are offered and many games are available, as well as for company, club or school outings. You can even visit the Hofalm in bad weather, as the hike is no problem even in the rain (shortest access from the Bosruckhütte car park, trail no.601) and the warm and cosy restaurant makes you forget your wet feet while enjoying delicious food.
For current events such as mountaineers' breakfast, games evenings, Hofalmfest, beer tastings, etc., please refer to the homepage!
We look forward to seeing you at the Hofalm!
Ingrid & Gabriel
Open from mid-May to October 30th!
Breakfast from 07:30 - 09:00 hrs
Hot cuisine from 11:00 - 20:00
- Indoor: 40 Number of seats
- Garden / Patio: 80 Number of seats
As the owner of the Pyhrn-Priel AktivCard, if you are up to 15 years of age, you will receive a stick nail with your voucher card, which you can nail onto your hiking stick. In connection with consumption, this stick nail is free of charge, otherwise it can be purchased for a fee of € 1.50.
The hiking stick and the voucher card are available - only for children up to 15 years - free of charge once at the tourist offices in the region (only not valid for groups).
The Hofalm is not accessible by car and can only be hiked!
Arrival by public transport:
The Hofalm can be reached on foot from Spital am Pyhrn railway station in about 2 hours.
- Starting point (foot marches): Access:
- Direct access from the Dr.Vogelgesangklamm car park in approx. 1.5 hours (approx. 620 m, trail no. 614).
- Via the beautiful Dr.Vogelgesangklamm and the 3 huts hike in approx. 3 hours (approx.620hm, trail no.601)
- Shortest ascent from the Bosruckhütte car park in 1h 20min (approx.400hm, trail no.601)
- Most environmentally friendly ascent from Spital am Pyhrn railway station in approx. 2 hours (approx.660hm, trail no.614)
All these ascents are well marked and are also ideal for families!
- For those who want to reach the summit of the Great Pyhrgas via the Hofersteig (helmet recommended due to falling rocks!) in approx. 4 hours (approx. 1200 m, trail no. 601 and 615).
- For those who want to reach the summit of the Great Pyhrgas via the Hofalmsattel in approx. 4 hours (approx. 1200 m, trail nos. 601 and 614).
All these alpine approaches are well marked, but very demanding due to length, altitude and steepness. Surefootedness and alpine experience required. Take special care on the Hofersteig because of the danger of falling rocks!
- the beautiful Kalkalpen Trail passes right by us (trail no.618)
- We are a short distance from the Northern Alpine Trail 01 and the European Long Distance Trail E4.
- Suitable for schools
- Suitable for single travelers
- Suitable for friends
- Suitable for couples
- Suitable for children
- suitable for hikers of all ages
- for families
- for mountaineers
Please get in touch for more information.
Hofalm Spital am Pyhrn Sonnenhang 76
4582 Spital am Pyhrn
Phone +43 680 3135327
Mrs Ingrid Lindlbauer & Gabriel Povacz
4582 Spital am Pyhrn
Phone +43 680 3135327