History of Klaus at the Pyhrnbahn
Originally located in the eastern part of the Duchy of Bavaria, the place belonged to the Duchy of Austria since the 12th century. The first (but not completely confirmed) documentary evidence of the place Klaus on the Pyhrnbahn go back to the years 1175 and 1178, according to which Udalschalk managed by Klaus on the Pyhrnbahn for the Margraves of Styria, the castle Klaus on the Pyhrnbahn. In a secured document from the year 1192 Klaus is called on the Pyhrnbahn as a state princely possession of Babenberger. Historical records from the late Middle Ages mention by naming various Burgraves of Klaus on the Pyhrnbahn also then common spellings of the place name: Clusa, Chlausa, Claws, Klausen, Klaus.Since 1490 the place is the Principality "Austria ob der Enns" attributed. During the Napoleonic Wars he was occupied several times. Since 1918, the village belongs to the state of Upper Austria. After the annexation of Austria to the German Reich on March 13, 1938, the place belonged to the "Gau Oberdonau". After 1945 the restoration of Upper Austria took place.